Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The B.O.M.B. - before our time

I've been thinking about the first manuscript I finished, The Bane of Monkeys' Bladders, which I wrote with a couple of friends of mine.

I guess you could call it 'lad-lit', although I would argue it was just a bunch of shit that happened (I think I'm paraphrasing someone there).

It started as letters between me, Derek and Dave, and then the letters were compiled into a manuscript. And then the ms was re-written about 60 million times.

When you think about it, it was really a blog, before there was such a thing.

And on the website (I think this is possibly the only website devoted to a book that has never been published) there's a set of audio files, taken from a tape Derek and I made to send to a friend in Italy.

In reality, a podcast, before there was such a thing.

Even now (despite the cringing) it's funny... to me at least.

No comments: