Saturday, March 31, 2007

'Swarm' interview tops busy week

My interview with Matt Hanson - the driving force behind A Swarm of Angels - has ended a busy week.

Hanson's enthusiasm is contagious, even via email, and I think the following quote sums it up pretty nicely:

"Everyone knows Hollywood is broken. Hell, even Hollywood knows it. Their business model is hopelessly outdated for the digital age. But A Swarm of Angels isn't about competing with that, it's about creating a complementary entertainment ecology that is peer-to-peer friendly, and offers a way to create large-scale works that are free to give away and share."


Also had the opportunity to post a feature on an interesting comic project by Sydney artist Matthew Huynh, whereby he illustrated the stories of Cabramatta and Canley Vale residents.

(Comic fans should check back at Articulate next week, for an interview with 30 Days of Night artist Ben Templesmith.)

And Movie Minutiae - which has been gaining in popularity since I teamed up with fellow blogger Katie Cassidy - featured an article about The Thing written almost entirely by an Articulate reader (which was what I intended when I started the column 18 months or so ago).

I also received some exciting news this week, but I've been sworn to secrecy!

Stay tuned...

No comments: