Thursday, August 26, 2010

WorldCon research: 'dirty feed'

(Image: smh.com.au)

One of the panels I'm on at WorldCon - 'Dirty Feed' - will discuss 'whether attempts to censor the web are an assault on our freedom or a necessary precaution'.

I'm on the panel with Cory Doctorow, Talie Helene and Shane Jiraiya Cummings.

The angle I'm taking is the response by online citizens (particularly in social media) to the Government's plans, and the Government's decision to hold the line despite this opposition.

You can check out the links I'm using as reference material here: http://www.delicious.com/garykemble/worldcon+filter

If you see any other online polls, or other interesting links, please leave a comment or tweet me.

The panel will be held at midday on Monday, September 6, in room 210 of the Melbourne Convention Centre.

Posted via email from garykemble's posterous

No comments: